Saturday, December 1, 2007

Memoir of Ruby

Woke up this morning with my brain screaming at me for marinating it with alcohol the night before. So I decided to punish the brain by creating this blog. I positioned myself in front of the computer trying to collaborate with my thoughts and ideas for this new blog page, but nothing is coming. I sit here alone embracing the void. Its like being inside a circus tent with no audience, no clowns nor animals. Only yourself and the tamers whip. Whipping away at the brain.




I am trying to post a picture of my deceased dog called Ruby. She passed away just a week ago from today. Age just crept up on her and brought along a friend called death. They both seduced her to another world. They promised her dog heaven, unification with her sister Pearl. Usually when I called her name she would jump out of her kennel. Each leap she made there would be the rhythmic sound of her wicker basket rubbing against her kennel. It was hilarious to watch as she would have to carefully dodge the radiator that always obstructed her leap out of the kennel. Unbeknownst to be me, she successfully came out unharmed. However, I have witnessed Ruby colliding her head off the rooftop of the kennel. Once she escaped the kennel she would run as fast as her little legs would take her to the front door. Waiting patiently for someone to let her out.......